Monday, December 4, 2017

WORDS


 



I wanted to purpose a site:
As a means to purge the mind
From all my increasing plight
Plaguing with piths that bind.

I wanted to write such words:
As a means to set forth free
The flock of enslaved, trapped birds
Caged in my soul by me.

For words are alive; they move
The pure threads of love and hate.
Providing a stride and groove
All to which abdicate.

I want now an ear to hear:
As I bear entropic rhyme
To calm my ensemble of fear
Passing away Earth's time

December 4, 2017


After reading through my dad's journals after his passing, I was moved when I discovered his poetry. I knew that the poems existed. I had even heard them on occasion. Yet, I had never seen them as a collection. I felt that I needed to create something as lasting as he did. Furthermore, I find myself in a troubling time in my life. Through life's fate and mistakes of my own making, the beat of life has become off from the beat of my own heart. Or better put, the beat of MY heart is become out of synch with the beat of happiness and happy living. I want to get back to that, rather than just live aimlessly. I want to live with ambition and passion. This blog is my manifesto...in poem. And so I begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRAYFUL BEGINNINGS

  PRAYFUL BEGINNINGS Through humble prayer a boy conceived our creed  To know from where the truth of God was found Beholding James' own...