Sunday, September 30, 2018

COME WALK WITH US, DWELL BY OUR SIDE


Dear God, Holy Father oh hear us now pray
And let us remember this day
That we may e'er serve thee with strength and our might
And do all that's good and right

We'll cry for thy mercy, we'll pray for thy love, 
That pours from the heavens above
We'll praise thee by day and we'll thank thee by night
For all that is good and right.

Jehovah dear savior we'll lengthen our stride
Come walk with us, dwell by our side

Our souls doth now hunger for grace and thy truth
Revealed to us oft in our youth
From kneeling in prayer let us rise and take flight
To find all that's good and right.

Now open to us and please share from thy Word
So that our spirits are stirred
Within us our hearts will burn warm with delight
It's when we do good and right.

Jehovah dear savior we'll lengthen our stride
Come walk with us, dwell by our side

Our voices as one we will fill up the air
With sweetest fair music we'll share
For songs of the heart are just prayers in thy sight
We'll sing all that's good and right.

And all the day long we will try to dispel
All foes of Israel.
Embracing the gospel that gives us our might
We'll love all that's good and right.

Jehovah dear savior we'll lengthen our stride
Come walk with us, dwell by our side


Luke 24:32; Enos 1:4

And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

_______________________________

And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens

Ever since I learned my Church was open to receiving entries for new hymns, I have been wanting write one. I was asked to perform a duet (might be a trio) for Sacrament meeting, and decided to write my own song. Tom Christensen is sing with me. I asked him what his favorite scripture was. He gave me the two above. I used those as the inspiration for the poem/hymn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRAYFUL BEGINNINGS

  PRAYFUL BEGINNINGS Through humble prayer a boy conceived our creed  To know from where the truth of God was found Beholding James' own...