Monday, October 8, 2018

THE LORD THY GOD FIGHTS FOR YOUR SOUL


The Lord thy God fights for your Soul
Who so desires to make you whole
To take you from this world of pain
And in His kingdom rule and reign.

Do not give way, give up, give in
To those temptations brought through sin;
For there's another here below
Who'll drag you down to depths of woe.

He hates that you're a child of God
So hold fast child that iron rod.
His strength and wit cannot surpass
The grip you pledge, so just hold fast.

God is with you do not despair.
He'll make the cross seem light to bear.
First, pray to Him that this may be;
He stands prepared, and gives freely;

His gift of peace, a treasured trove,
Can wrap you in his arms of love.
Now rise up child from knees prepared
To spread this gift which he has shared.

And take in hand His shield of Hope,
To give you strength that you may cope,
And fend against the fiery darts
So you may heal your broken hearts.




I wrote this poem for a talk I gave in September 2018. I had been working on the poem the first time I gave this talk several years ago. Yet, I did not have it finished. The meter was wrong back then. I fixed the meter and made it flow better with better language.

I have passed through my own trials that have strained me as a person. In many instances I wanted to give way, give up and give in. But I didn't. And, I am so glad that I did not. God is real. He is aware of us all. He is aware of you. You possess greatness and can overcome all things that you experience in this life. Here is the final excerpt taken from that talk:

"YOU are the greatest gift that God above all else. Think about everything that He has risked and sacrificed so that you can be on this Earth at this very time. Share THAT gift with others. Share of yourself! This is the single greatest thing you can do for our Heavenly Father is to make his gift\, which is you\, touch as many\, and as deeply as it possibly can. Remember though, just because you are in the service of God does not mean that you will do things perfectly. He expects that. He desires that his work is done as such, 'But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;' '..by small and simple things are great things brought to pass' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRAYFUL BEGINNINGS

  PRAYFUL BEGINNINGS Through humble prayer a boy conceived our creed  To know from where the truth of God was found Beholding James' own...