Tuesday, June 4, 2024

SUNDAY POEMS ACROSTIC #2


PARABLE OF THE ROSEBUSH


Roses framed the house with pride 
  upon a jumbled bush revered 
Opulent and full with red each rose 
  to my green eye appeared
So thus it seemed to me my wife 
  a sadist's act with sheers and knife
Ensnared the fragile bush for trim 
  and cut each branch from trunk to limb
Bareboned and thin to my lament 
  beyond its bounds the bush was rent.
Utterly gone this shrub I thought, 
  but had I missed the lesson taught?
Such the soul of man becomes 
  when striped of all his fettered fears
HE--grows stout with fuller faith 
  and blooms much wiser yond his years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUNDAY POEMS ACROSTIC #3

  STUDENT IN THE PEWS Silently amid the congregation,     savor every word, I must! Tucked I am among sagacious giants,     gleaning from th...