Saturday, October 12, 2024

BIRTHDAY LIMERICKS


KNIGHT


A sword made of steel in the hand

To fight back the demons of man

Do all that you must, so your deeds never rust

Protecting our castles of sand.


To a friend who had just lost his brother to suicide




SPINNING


When everything 'round you is spinning

And no one here seems to be winning

Hold those who are close, who know you the most

They were with you e'er in the beginning


To a friend who has had a lot of changes in his life.



TOO COOL FOR CAT


A cat is a cat 'cause he can

He mustn't mingle in matters of man

So when he lazies about, just grooming his snout

He's preparing the pips of his plan



FLYING SAUCER


Look up in the starry sky black

A bright blip appears from a crack!

It's an alien ship? Or a drug-induced trip?

No, a frizbee too late it goes THWACK!


For a friend who plays ultimate.



MEMORY LOSS


If only my head allowed me

To remember a thing past day three

I'd never forget, those fears that I've let

Fly away like a bird that is free.


For my cousin who has had 8 brain surgeries due to hydrocephalus, and has forgot things after every surgery. I admire him for his strong outlook on life.


OLDER


There once was a boy who grew older

But ne'er wisdom gained like Ol' Gultar

He sung like an elf, had 80 games on his shelf.

And rolled natural ones with his smolder.


This limerick was for me. It represented many elements when I was younger of playing a role-playing game my older brother created called Elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BIRTHDAY LIMERICKS

KNIGHT A sword made of steel in the hand To fight back the demons of man Do all that you must, so your deeds never rust Protecting our castl...